The St. Petersburg Shuffleboard Club is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic event staff person who excels at providing the highest standards of service to our club members and the public. Event staff work at our private rentals (weddings, birthday parties, team building events). They also run our open club hours (Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 – 9 PM, Fridays from 7 – 10 PM, and Sundays 9 AM - noon). If you love helping people have a great time at events, we’d like to hear from you.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has excellent customer service, relationship management, and interpersonal skills; able to work effectively with members, event coordinators, vendors, club staff, and volunteers;
- Is available to work varied shifts, typically evenings and weekends;
- Has a genuine love of working with people! Is enthusiastic and passionate about the club;
- Is able to recognize problems and problem solve quickly, sometimes right in the middle of an event;
- Is able to perform cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and removing trash;
- Is able to lift 40 lbs, and move chairs and tables;
- Is responsible, and has the ability to work independently.
- Work at rentals and special events: set up, work event, break down, and clean up;
- Work during our regular club hours;
- Prepare club for tournaments, special events, rentals, and cleaning afterwards;
- Periodic maintenance of courts, benches, and shuffleboard equipment, usually part of clean up events with staff and volunteers;
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Event experience a plus
This is a part-time job, starting at $17/hour. This job is approximately 15-20 hours a week from September – May, and slows down in the summer months to approximately 10-15 hours a week.
Please submit a resume and references by email to:
Christine Page, Executive Director
No phone calls, please
About the St. Petersburg Shuffleboard Club
Founded in 1924, the St. Petersburg Shuffleboard Club is a historic recreational club in the heart of downtown St. Petersburg, Florida. It has the distinction of being the oldest and largest shuffleboard club in the world. The organization provides recreational use of the club to 2,700 members and the pubic, resulting in approximately 40,000 visits a year. We offer league play, lessons, history talks, and other events to preserve the historic facility and preserve and promote the game of shuffleboard.
The St. Petersburg Shuffleboard Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.