The club reopens for members on Tuesday, June 2
We are excited to begin reopening the club for members only on Tuesday, June 2. Like many organizations, we’re starting small and increasing our activities in phases. Playing shuffleboard will be different than we’re used to for a while, but we can’t wait to see you!
During this first phase, there will still be some limitations:
- This opening is for members only. Members may still bring guests (up to 3 for a regular membership, up to 6 for a family membership), but we won’t let non-members play without a member with them. This is so we can concentrate on getting member's safety.
- We won’t reopen on Friday nights for a while, until we’re comfortable with crowds of non-members being there.
- For the time being, the equipment shed will remain unavailable and members can only play during our open hours. We want to make sure there are no crowds and everyone is playing safely during this first phase.
So that you all are able to play, we are increasing our open hours. Our new hours are:
- Tuesday and Thursday, 6 – 9 pm
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 9 am – noon
During these times, a staff member will be there to help get you used to playing using distance guidelines and to make sure groups of players are spaced far enough apart. We are following the CDC guidelines recommended for reopening: staff is taking their temperature at the start of each shift, and frequently touched surfaces, bathrooms, and equipment will be sanitized each day.
Our member portal has the full list of guidelines that members will use until distancing can be relaxed. In general:
- Do not come to the club if you are currently experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- Keep a 6-ft distance between other club members and staff.
- Play with two courts between groups.
- If you’re playing with members of your own household, you can play shuffleboard the usual way. If you are playing with other club members, our staff will show you how to play using 6-foot distancing guidelines.
We’ll take this one phase at a time! As soon as we feel it’s safe to move on to phase two, we will begin adding small summer tournaments to the mix.
If you are not yet ready to come to the club, don’t worry, we’ll be here when you are. Please join us for our June “Shuffle at Home” events!
The Scavenger Hunt is now open! The deadline to play for a prize has been extended to June 8th at 5:00 pm. Have some fun around the club and St. Pete looking for special details you may have never noticed before!
Bingo is BACK! We will play online AND at the club. The game is 100% contactless. Pre-registration is required. The game is on for Thursday, June 11th at 6:30 pm.
To round out the month, we will have another digital Happy Hour on Saturday, June 20th at 6:00 pm and an encore presentation of our famous History Talk on Monday, June 29th at 6:30 pm. We would love to "see" you online during both!
How to help the club
If you are able, it is appreciated.
- Membership: The most important aspect of the club is your membership. By simply keeping your membership current, you will help us. You can renew or join on the portal: https://membership.stpeteshuffle.com.
- Donations: we've made our Love Jug virtual. Even if it's just a few bucks, every little bit helps. Please note, donations are not tax deductible. https://squareup.com/store/st-petersburg-shuffleboard-club
- eGift cards: we are offering a 10% discount on online gift cards that can be used in the future for merchandise and rental fees, with no expiration date. The gift cards are digital, and can be used either online or at the club. Send one to yourself or a friend. https://squareup.com/gift/ASKSDZFN5W6W4/order