Application Deadline: July 6, 2018
The Maintenance Manager will preserve and maintain the physical condition of the historic St. Petersburg Shuffleboard Club, including structures and courts on the property in a condition of excellence, cleanliness, and safety. The ideal candidate will have the skills to perform basic and emergency maintenance, the organizational skills to lead projects with outside contractors, staff, and volunteers as needed, and a love, knowledge, and respect of historic buildings. The position is part time but has the potential to become full time depending on the growth of the club.
The Maintenance Manager reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Monitors and oversees the buildings, deck, courts, and equipment. Keeps track of maintenance needs.
- Performs routine and emergency maintenance and repairs, including electrical work, plumbing, carpentry, and painting.
- Works with Executive Director to identify priorities with repairs and restoration.
- Coordinates with contractors as needed.
- Purchases supplies (tools, light bulbs, appliances, cleaning products, etc.)
- Keeps tools and supplies organized.
- Works as a team leader, providing clear instructions to volunteers and staff on various projects and volunteer days.
- Oversees sweeping, leaf blowing, and cleaning duties.
- As needed, interfaces with and assists visitors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working in maintenance or construction related trades.
- Experience and/or formal training in overall maintenance is highly desirable. Carpentry and painting skills are highly desirable.
- Requires a working knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, safety procedures, cleaning supplies/equipment, and basic power/hand tools.
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity and budget.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to respond to staff emails, written and/or verbal requests in a timely, clear, and professional manner.
- Basic problem solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization.
- Ability to learn and handle routine tasks without close supervision.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff and volunteers ensuring cooperation as a team member.
- Minimum physical requirements include but are not limited to: ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs on a frequent basis; ability to bend, squat, kneel, twist/turn, climb, and reach above the shoulder frequently.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, and basic Internet and email tasks.
This is a part time position working up to 25 hours/week starting at $16-$19/hr based on experience. We offer part time paid leave.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references by email to:
Christine Page, Executive Director
No phone calls!
About the St. Petersburg Shuffleboard Club
Founded in 1924, the St. Petersburg Shuffleboard Club is an historic recreational club in the heart of downtown St. Petersburg. The organization is dedicated to providing recreational use of the club to approximately 1400 members, resulting in approximately 40,000 visits a year. We offer league play, lessons, history talks, and other events in order to preserve the historic facility and preserve and promote the game of shuffleboard.
The St. Petersburg Shuffleboard Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.